Photo credit pexels-pixabay
1. A chilling wind, dark and foggy
The skies are grey and the air muggy
I see that light in a distant, hazy spin
Is it Covid or the vaccine?
2. Twenty Twenty is best forgotten
Can recall no year more rotten
Lives have vanished and so have jobs
The air is filled with cries and sobs.
3. Virus and vaccine the race has begun
Both are chasing, the faster I run
Who will come first – life or death
It depends on what the ‘Grim Reaper’ saith.
4. Christmas carols sound faint and distant
Covid menace is still persistent
For how much longer can we cope
The vaccine remains our only hope.
5. That light I see is now shining bright
The vaccine it is, now in sight
But the Covid monster is still around
Without a fight, it won’t go down.